This course encompasses the physiological and psychological changes that take place during pregnancy and how to train pre and post natal women. The course is presented by Lee Archer who developed the FITMAMAprogramme for Virgin Active South Africa and is the Director of The Institute of Fitness Professionals. The course will run Saturday and Sunday, 9h30-15h00 (both days). Attendance in full on both days is required.
After completing this practical module, the learner will be competent and eligible to specialize in training and program design for pre and post natal woman both as group classes or individual personal training sessions.
Prior Learning Required
- Level 1 Certification – Exercise Science or equivalent allied health filed degree / diploma
- Group Fitness Trainer/ Personal Fitness Trainer certification
- Physiological Adaptations during Pregnancy
- Structure & Design of Pre/post natal Class
- Program Planning
- Common Problems and Related Risks
- Your resource network: Doctors, Midwives, etc
- Benefits of Music
- Relaxation Techniques
- No examination is required for this continued educational module but the learner is require to complete worksheets