If you thrive on high- energy environments and are passionate about fitness, then this might be the path for you. Training groups of people requires that ‘special something’ and if you possess it then why not turn it into a career?
Exercise Science or equivalent required to start this course.
This is a practically based module. The course format is comprised of live practical movement (aerobic dance) based lectures.
After successfully completing this practical module, the learner will be eligible to teach high/low aerobic group fitness classes.
Prior Learning Required
- Level 1 Certification – Exercise Science or equivalent allied health field degree / diploma
- Qualities of an Instructor
- Components of Physical Fitness
- Structure of an Exercise Class to Music
- Warm Up
- Lo Impact Aerobics
- Hi Impact Aerobics
- Post Aerobics Cool down
- Floor- work and Muscle Endurance
- Stretching and Flexibility
- Communication and Leadership
- Controversial Exercises
- Injury Prevention
- The Workforce and the Instructor
- Written Examination
- Practical Examination
- Internship hours
- Pass mark 60%