Exercise Science or equivalent required to start this course.
This is a practically based module. The course format is comprised of live practical movement (aerobic dance) based lectures.
After successfully completing this practical module, the learner will be eligible to teach high/low aerobic group fitness classes.
Prior Learning Required
- Level 1 Certification – Exercise Science or equivalent allied health field degree / diploma
- Qualities of an Instructor
- Components of Physical Fitness
- Structure of an Exercise Class to Music
- Warm Up
- Lo Impact Aerobics
- Hi Impact Aerobics
- Post Aerobics Cool down
- Floor- work and Muscle Endurance
- Stretching and Flexibility
- Communication and Leadership
- Controversial Exercises
- Injury Prevention
- The Workforce and the Instructor
- Written Examination
- Practical Examination
- Internship hours
- Pass mark 60%